Thursday 25 August 2016

Country House | Creating a Focal Element

Hello Everyone and Welcome! Today Ksenija is here, and I am excited to share with you a new project featuring Country House stamp from the latest IndigoBlu release. Previously I demonstrated how to use a complete impression of this stamp, while today I will show you how to create a focal element.


For my background I used IndigoBlu 6 x 6 inches stencil Roses. It covers the standard card panel (5 1/2 x 4 inches) completely. I blended Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Barn Door. Then I distressed the edges of the panel with Antique Linen and Black Soot Distress inks.


To create a focal element I inked Country House rubber stamp in archival black ink and stamped it down to an oval watercolour paper die cut. I did not want to colour it carefully, so I just smeared Antique Linen Distress ink directly with an ink pad across the impression and added shades with a water brush using Walnut Stain Distress ink.


I love adding a little bit of interest with a different texture. I stamped an ivy hanging over the door in FlitterGlu down to a piece of watercolour paper and covered the impression with Chariot of Fire Mega Flakes. Then I coloured the ivy with watercolour markers and fussy cut it out. To mask white fresh cut edges I distressed them slightly with Walnut Stain Distress ink.


To finish off my card I adhered the oval element and stamped the sentiment from Floral Fantasy stamp set in black dye ink and added a few border elements from Tiny Backgrounds stamp set.

To assemble my card I used a foam tape to raise the panel and an ivy over the door. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this card and will give a try to Country House stamp in your next project.
IndigoBlu Supplies Used:
Country House Stamp
Roses Stencil
FlitterGlu
Chariot of Fire Mega-Flakes
Floral Fantasy Stamp Set
Tiny Backgrounds

1 comment:

  1. Ksenija, this is fantastic! I love how you cut out the door with a die, truly reminiscent of a hobbit hole! Love love this beautiful card! <3

    ReplyDelete